Sr Business Analyst
The Jonah Group is looking for a Sr Business Analyst with experience working on mission-critical enterprise applications. You will be joining our team of accomplished tech professionals to build custom high-quality solutions for our clients.
What We Do:
Jonah has produced high-quality commercial systems for banking, auto finance, capital markets, health insurance and pension plan industries (to name a few). We consistently work towards designing and building high-performing enterprise solutions with emphasis placed on great user experience, robust architecture, and a perfect fit. Here at Jonah, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute your technical expertise alongside a team of software specialists who are passionate about what they do.
What You’ll Do:
- Experience working in a software consulting environment with prior experience working on projects from the inception stage - release
- Organize and drive meetings to gather requirements from subject matter experts, technical leads, and executive stakeholders by leading and facilitate requirements elicitation sessions
- Document current and to-be business processes and assist in developing strategies and solutions.
- Establish and clearly document requirements and develop use cases.
- Create and refine preliminary design/mock-up of new functionality and develop flow charts, functional diagrams, and descriptions to communicate application design specifications for projects, as required.
- Take ownership of the scope and collaborate with the development team throughout the release lifecycle
- Define and document test plans, test cases, and test data requirements
Your Preferred Profile:
- 8+ years of proven experience as a Sr Business Analyst or Product Owner
- Working knowledge of software development architecture
- Ability to write SQL queries (Ms SQL Server, Oracle)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize large amounts of detailed information
- Proficient in various requirement analysis, modeling, and documentation techniques (business process modeling, user interface prototyping, use cases /user stories, data flow diagrams, data analysis/data mapping, etc.)
- Proven experience with various project delivery methodologies Agile
- Prior knowledge testing large enterprise web applications and familiar with documenting and reviewing test plans and test cases
- Thorough understanding of the entire software development lifecycle and proficient with MS Office applications – especially Visio, Word, and Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What Sets You Apart:
- Past experience working on both application and data warehousing projects
- Past experience working as a BSA
- Has the ability to engage technical and business audiences, including the executive team
- A track record of great teamwork and the ability to work independently
What You'll Like About Working Here:
- Family-friendly benefits and vacation time
- Annual training budget and professional development for fulltime employees
- The flexibility of a software consulting environment; project variety, adapting to new business domains, and building complex applications
- Ability to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions be heard
- A work culture where you’ll look forward to coming in every day
- Enough coffee and tea to appease your daily caffeine fix
- Zoom events like Thursday Night Socials
- Downtown Toronto location (easily accessible by public transit)
Feel free to send us your resume anytime. We’ll keep your information on file (honest!) for that fateful day when preparation and opportunity collide, and together we will unleash your awesome skills on our next new project. We want to thank all individuals who apply and will be contacting suitably qualified applicants as soon as we can.
Please apply using the link below: