Sr. Data Architect
The Jonah Group is seeking a Sr. Data Architect who will help to design and develop professional solutions for customers in a wide variety of industries.
What we do...
Jonah has a track record of producing high-quality systems in the banking, auto finance, capital markets, healthcare, insurance, and pension industries. We design and build high-performing enterprise solutions with emphasis placed on robust architecture and a great user experience. Here at Jonah, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute your technical expertise alongside a team of software specialists who are (also) passionate about what they do.
What you’ll do...
- Work closely with our Project Directors, Project Teams and our clients to meet systems and infrastructure needs.
- Proven track of designing and delivering analytic data platforms.
- Analyze and resolve problems.
- Maintain the database systems - manage database access. performance tuning of database systems.
- Data Architecture
- Data modeling
Your preferred profile...
- SQL Expert
- 7+ years' experience with any major RDBMS - Microsoft SQL, Oracle, DB2
- 7+ years' experience with any major ETL tool - SSIS, Informatica, Datastage
- 3+: years' experience with any major BI or reporting tool - Cognos, Crystal Reports, Power BI
- 7+ years' experience with any scripting language - Perl, Python, shell, PowerShell
- Comprehensive grasp of data warehouse design best practices for data modeling and ETL system design
- A year of experience on any cloud platform - Azure, AWS, GCP - nice to have
- A year of experience with any Data Warehouse Appliance - Netezza, Synapse, Redshift, Teradata - nice to have
- A year experience leading a small team of ETL developers or BI developers - nice to have
- Strong communication
- Self starter and self directed.
What sets you apart...
- You are professional and fun to work with
- You write clean code
- You are collaborative
- You are able to adapt to diverse client environments
- You are empathetic to customer needs
- You have a track record of great teamwork
- You are able to work well independently
What you’ll like about working at Jonah...
- Family-friendly benefits and vacation time
- Annual training budget and professional development
- The flexibility of a software consulting environment; project variety, adapting to new business domains, and building complex applications
- Ability to flex your creativity muscle, and have your opinions heard
- A work culture where you’ll look forward to coming in every day
- Flexibility to work from home or our downtown Toronto location (easily accessible by public transit)
We want to thank all individuals who apply and will be contacting suitably qualified applicants as soon as we can.
Please use the link below to apply: